Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Wednesday, March 9, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Jane Eyre (Optimized for Kindle)
Rating: 4 out of 5

Jane Eyre (Optimized for Kindle)Summary: Jane Eyre grows up with a wealthy family that wants nothing to do with her. Her Aunt only 'cares' for her because her dying husband asked her too. She is beaten and tortured everyday until her Aunt sends her off to a charity school where the conditions are not much better, but Jane spends 8 years there but she wants something more, something better for herself. She ends up at Thornfield Hall, a mansion taken care of by Mr. Rochester. She is a governess for a child named Adele. There, she finds love, but decides that it would be a sin.

My thoughts: I hadn't read any of the classic novels so I decided to give this one a go. I was pleasantly surprised. The writing at first made me feel like I was going to have a hard time reading this, but I really did not. After reading a few pages, I was hooked and just had to finish this novel. I really liked the plot and I liked reading about the things she did, and what went through her mind.  The major plot twist in the middle of this book was enough to have me extremely hooked. Thornfield Hall proves to be a lot more interesting than I expected but yet it really does not make me pity Mr. Rochester, I feel more for Jane. I really liked the conclusion of this novel. I like how Jane came to her senses, even though it really took a death for that to happen. All in all, I say read it. Reading the classics can't hurt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.