Divergent Rating: 4 out of 5
My thoughts: I loved this book! I hadn't really read dystopian novels before, so this was my first and it was wonderful. The closer to the end it got, the harder it was to put down. The book really took a surprising turn, which made me really question society. If you really dig deep and look into the words, you can see a lot of our society in this dystopian one and it makes me question if we're headed for a dystopian society our self.
I feel that this novel has the perfect match of romance and life in a society so unlike our own. We get to see some romance, and the typical questions that one might ask themselves as they are growing up, but we also see the characters grow and form into either 'perfect' members of society or not so great ones based upon the choices they make within their own factions. This is a book you will not want to miss!
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Currently Reading: The Witch's Daugther by Paula B...
- Follow Friday # 3
- Review: Cloaked by Alex Flinn
- Currently Reading: Cloaked by Alex Flinn
- Mailbox Monday # 2
- Review: Shine by Lauren Myracle (ARC)
- Win Autographed Copies!
- Sultry Saturday #1
- Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth (ARC)
- Follow Friday # 2
- What's in My Mailbox #1 Divergent by Veronica Roth...
- Review: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Currently Reading: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Review: Protector by Laurel Dewey
- Follow Friday #1
- Currently Reading: Protector by Laurel Dewey
- Review: The Sculptor by Gregory Funaro
- ▼ March (17)