Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Septimus Heap Book One: Magyk by Angie Sage

Septimus Heap, Book One: Magyk Free with Bonus Material
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
This book is currently free on Amazon.


Septimus Heap, Book One: MagykSummary: Septimus Heap, the 7th son of the 7th son (thought to be a very magical and powerful being) disappears the night he is born, pronounced dead by his midwife. The same night, Silas Heap, the baby's father stumbles upon a little girl, wrapped in a blanket and hidden underneath a bush. She's covered with a dusting of snow, but very much alive. The Heap family raises her (named Jenna by the parents) and moves on with their lives without Septimus. The Queen of their kingdom is also discovered dead, with her newborn child missing. Magic becomes outlawed and Wizards are treated like the scum of the earth. An evil power rises from the Badlands hoping to take hold of their world with the help of his apprentice. Is Septimus really dead, and more importantly who is the apprentice to the evil wizard?

My Thoughts: Yes this is a book meant for a slightly younger crowd but it was pleasing to read. I really liked the Heap family and reading about them. I felt bad for them when they had to split up to save their family. This story has slow parts but it does begin to pick up. Especially when the family leaves to visit their Aunt in the marshes. There are many surprises in this book that I did not see coming. Well I mean I had theories, but my theories were actually incorrect on the subject. There is a pretty major plot twist at the end that I did not suspect.

I did have some issues with this book though. I'm really annoyed with the spellings of some words, and the fact that the spells in the book are bolded. Everytime a spell name pops up, expect to see bolded text. If you can get through those minor details you'll probably enjoy the book.  It's also nice to see that this download comes with excerpts from the other books so you can decide on whether or not you'd like to read the other books. I think that is helpful and has made me want to read Book Two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.